My Mom’s Tomato Sauce Recipe
Man, it’s been so long since I posted on here! TBH I only really decided to dust off the old blog today because I wanted my mom’s tomato sauce recipe somewhere on the internet. But now that I’m actually on here, I’m realizing that I actually kind of miss this. So, expect another post from me kinda soon.
The recipe is essentially in the above photo, but let me type it out here as well:
- Put 4-5 cloves of garlic and some olive oil in a pan
- Add a “little can” of tomato paste (please note, literally nothing in this recipe is exact lol)
- Put it on low heat and let it all melt together (making sure the tomato paste isn’t burning…otherwise you’ll get little black specs in your sauce)
- Once that’s all melted, add a touch of salt and 2-3 tablespoons of sugar
- Also add some dry or fresh basil leaves if you have them (but no biggie if you don’t)
- Add a big can of tomato puree, a little can of tomato sauce, and some extra water to the pan
- Then, let it all cook “for a while”
That, my friends, is the recipe! Not super exact, but I tried making it myself and it came out good, so I can vouch for it (though it didn’t come out as good as my mom’s). Happy MDW!